Please read the following steps carefully.
- Always start by writing down your seed phrase the old-fashioned way, with pen and paper.
- Do not take a photo nor make digital file of your seed phrase.
- Beware of cameras and microphones that might pick up your seed phrase and pass it on to malicious persons.
- After jotting down your seed phrase on paper, and after testing this backup (see "Tips for setting up a new wallet"), proceed to store your backup on one of the Seed backup products in our webshop.
- Be sure to first mark your steel backup solution with a marker before you actually start! Check you paper and steel backup thoroughly before you commit your backup to the steel backup solution. This will help you avoid mistakes.
- If you use a method whereby you have to store round discs in a certain order, make sure that the discs cannot come loose at the moment you want to read out the backup, or that the discs themselves are numbered
- For long term storage it is wise to secure your wallet with an extra passphrase. Make sure you know the difference between your PIN, seed phrase and passphrase and what the effect is of adding a passphrase! You can keep the passphrase separate from your seed. For example with a notary or heir. Make sure your heirs know what to do when the time comes.